How to Apply
Step by Step Admissions Process
- Whole School Open Mornings - come and experience Chandlings Prep.
- Nursery Open Mornings - Stay and play
- Meet the Head Tour - Start with a coffee with Head followed by your own personal tour with our Year 6 pupils.
- Virtual Meeting with the Head
- Personal Tour (covid restrictions apply) - we recommend a personal tour of our school where you can focus on the areas you are interested in and ask any questions you may have.
Early registration is essential to commence the admissions process. Please fill in the Registration Form and return it to the school with the registration fee of £100 payable by bank transfer. Your child will then be invited in for a taster session (Early Years) and assessment (Y1-Y6), following this, offers are made and the deposit of £750 becomes due to secure your child's place.
Taster Days & Assessments
Reception and Nursery
There is no formal assessment for entry into Nursery and Reception. Once registered the children are invited to come and spend time with their class for a Taster Session for around 1 hour.
Years 1- 6
Children are invited to spend a Taster Day with us, after they have registered, during which time they will complete assessments in English and Mathematics.
We offer places following the successful completion of our assessments or post a taster session for Nursery and Reception. Once you receive our offer letter we will ask you to complete our acceptance documentation and to make the deposit payment (£750) to secure your child’s place with us. For nursery children, the deposit secures their place in Reception where they are expected to continue their education.
Our Welcome and Information Pack will be sent prior to joining Chandlings giving you all of the information you will need about starting at the School.
Further Information and Contact
For further information about how to apply, please contact:
tel: 01865 730771